Ken Crow - Fulton County Veteran Service Officer
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (870) 895-3900
Cell: (870) 710-2287
Address: P.O. Box 677
Salem, AR 72576
FULTON COUNTY VETERAN SERVICE OFFICE
The County Veterans Service Officer performs administrative work in advising Armed Forces Veterans and dependents of benefits available under federal, state, and local laws. This position assists in completing and submitting required forms, obtaining necessary legal documents, medical records and other data as required by law or in support of a claim. The County Veteran Service Officer connects Veterans and their dependents with services available at the local, state and federal level. When possible, visits Veterans and/or their surviving spouses in their homes or institutions, for claim assistance, when they are unable to visit the office in person. Provides outreach and presents programs on Veteran's benefits to county citizens.
- Assists veterans and families to obtain benefits for which they may be entitled
- Provide assistance in research and complete applications and forms
- Maintain computer records on all Vets
- Establish community connections to assist Vets, spouses. This may be for SSI, Local Housing Authority, nursing homes, food pantry, etc.
- Prepare budget that supports all activities
- Conduct home or nursing home visits to provide assistance when Vets cannot come to office.
- Represent the Veterans office at Service Organization meetings, private groups and citizens interested in Vets and their needs
- Confers with Quorum Court and County Judge in developing progressive plans