Chief Deputy Clerk
The Fulton County Board of Election Commissioners will be conducting a Logic and Accuracy test and demonstrating the voting machines for the May 9th, 2023, Annual School Election for Viola. The testing will be on April 18th, 2023, at 8:00 a.m. in the Fulton County Courthouse (Courtroom) at 123 South Main Street, Salem, Arkansas.
Paid for by Fulton County General Funds (Elections)
FULTON COUNTY ELECTION PROCLAMATION
THE FULTON COUNTY BOARD OF ELECTION COMMISSIONERS, BY THE AUTHORITY VESTED IN THEM UNDER THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF ARKANSAS, DO HEREBY, PROCLAIM THAT THE ANNUAL SCHOOL ELECTION FOR VIOLA WILL BE HELD IN FULTON COUNTY, ARKANSAS ON TUESDAY, MAY 9TH, 2023.
- ELECTION DATE MAY 9th, 2023
- VOTING HOURS ON ELECTION DAY ARE 7:30 AM TO 7:30 PM
- EARLY VOTING BEGINS MAY 2nd, 2023, AT THE FULTON COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS (MILLER-HICKINBOTHAM BUILDING) 124 ARENA LANE, SALEM, ARKANSAS. EARLY VOTING BEGINS BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 8:00 AM AND 4:30 PM, MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY. EARLY VOTING ENDS AT 4:30 PM ON THE MONDAY PRIOR TO THE ELECTION. EARLY VOTING WILL NOT BE CONDUCTED ON SATURDAY OR SUNDAY.
- ABSENTEE VOTING WILL BE CONDUCTED THROUGH THE FULTON COUNTY CLERK'S OFFICE, 123 SOUTH MAIN STREET, SALEM, ARKANSAS 72576. THE OFFICE HOURS ARE MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY 8:00 AM TO 4:30 PM AND THE TELEPHONE NUMBER IS 870-895-3310. OPENING THE OUTER ENVELOPE, PROCESSING, AND CANVASSING THE ABSENTEE BALLOT PAPERWORK WILL BE ON MAY 9th, 2023, AT 6:00 PM AT THE FULTON COUNTY COURTHOUSE (COURTROOM) 123 SOUTH MAIN STREET, SALEM, ARKANSAS. EARLY VOTING AND ABSENTEE VOTES WILL BE COUNTED AT 7:30 PM ON MAY 9th, 2023, AT THE FULTON COUNTY COURTHOUSE, 123 SOUTH MAIN STREET, SALEM, ARKANSAS.
- POLLING SITES FOR THE ANNUAL SCHOOL ELECTION FOR VIOLA:
FULTON COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS (MILLER-HICKINBOTHAM BUILDING) 124 ARENA LANE, SALEM, AR
GEPP FIRE STATION 389 HWY 87 NORTH, GEPP, AR
VIOLA FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH 9333 HWY 62 WEST, VIOLA, AR
- THE CANDIDATES AND OFFICES TO BE ELECTED:
Viola School Board of Directors Position 3
- A LIST OF APPOINTED ELECTION OFFICIALS WILL BE POSTED AT THE FULTON COUNTY COURTHOUSE 123 SOUTH MAIN STREET (HALLWAY/BULLETIN BOARD) AND THE FULTON COUNTY CLERK'S OFFICE ON APRIL 24TH, 2023.
- A WRITTEN OBJECTION TO THE SERVICE OF AN ELECTION OFFICIAL CAN BE FILED WITH THE FULTON COUNTY BOARD OF ELECTION COMMISSIONERS C/O FULTON COUNTY CLERK'S OFFICE, PO BOX 219, SALEM, AR 72576, OR IN PERSON AT THE FULTON COUNTY CLERK'S OFFICE, 123 SOUTH MAIN STREET, SALEM, AR, WITHIN SEVEN (7) CALENDAR DAYS AFTER POSTING THE LIST OF ELECTION OFFICIALS.
WITNESS OUR HAND AS FULTON COUNTY ELECTION COMMISSIONERS, COUNTY OF FULTON, STATE OF ARKANSAS, THIS 12TH DAY OF APRIL, 2023.
This publication is paid by Fulton County General Fund (Elections)
Link to Arkansas Voter Registration Application:
Link to Arkansas Secretary of State:
Arkansas Application for Absentee Ballot.pdf
CONCERNING THE REDISTRICTING OF FULTON COUNTY'S QUORUM COURT DISTRICTS
FULTON COUNTY TOTAL POPULATION 12,075 (2021 CENSUS DATA)
A color copy map of the proposed districts is available for viewing at the Fulton County & Circuit Clerk's Office. Anyone with comments or questions regarding the redistricting plan needs to contact the Fulton County Election Commission at 870-612-0184.
Original jurisdiction of any suit to contest the apportionment made for county quorum court districts by a county board of election commissioners is vested in the circuit court of the affected county. Any such contest shall be filed with the circuit court within (30) days following the date publication appears in a newspaper of general circulation.
You can also view a color coded 2022 JP District Map at https://www.datascoutonemap.com/fultonJP2021.html